Veg*n Cooking and Other Random Musings: Yay For Saturday Morning Bluegrass!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Yay For Saturday Morning Bluegrass!

There many things I really love about Saturday mornings, aside from being able to sleep in and not having to go to work, and two are coffee and good instrumental bluegrass (or jazz, or classical guitar). Listening to Chris Thile and Bryan Sutton really make me want a fiddle. Or a mandolin. Or a banjo. Ha!

So, I really liked VeganYumYum's Crispy Seitan, so I thought over the week about what else I could do with it. I opted for a salad, not super creative I know, but it was very good nonetheless. I got a very good Sesame-Ginger Dressing recipe from SusanV's blog. She rocks you know, her food always looks so beautiful and tasty. I was inspired by her food so I am going to attempt her Monterey Frittata for brunch today, seems pretty involved, so we'll see how that turns out.

Anyways.















I just made a batch of Crispy Seitan and the Sesame-Ginger Dressing (which was a snap to make by the way), and had it over some mixed baby greens, shredded carrots, cooked brown rice, and cooked edamame. Yummy, simple and nutritious.

Well, there is lots cooking on my agenda today, so I'm off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and it looks great! I am excited to read through the back posts!

I have wanted to make Susan V's fritatta too--you will have to let us know how it goes!

Thanks
Courtney

J said...

Courtney - Welcome, I hope you like the blog.

The Frittata was excellent as far as taste goes, but I used a larger pan than I should have so my Frittata didn't get as thick as SusanV's. It is a bit involved, so save this for a weekend, but I would recommend it!