Veg*n Cooking and Other Random Musings: Weekly Local Booty - Farmer's Market and CSA - October 10, 2009

Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekly Local Booty - Farmer's Market and CSA - October 10, 2009

Yes, so it is becoming apparent that I cannot focus on very many things at one time. I have been very much into reading and writing, and while I have been cooking, I realized that I haven't been blogging - at all. It has been a few weeks! Eeek!

In good news though, I have read quite a few good books. Even better news though is that I have been writing up a storm and now have 94 pages on my piece. 94 pages! That is a LOT. I am going to have a lot of editing to do! I am very pleased where it is going. The story line and dialogue need to be "beefed up" a bit, but overall I am very pleased.

Like I mentioned earlier, I have been cooking, and even taking pictures. I have just yet to blog about any of that. Well, do not despair (as I know you all so very much are), I plan on getting those posts written and schedule before I have a chance to forget about it again.

And though it is a bit late, I will now show you the tasty local booty we got from market this weekend.

First off, our Week 22 (only three weeks left!), DanJo Farms, quarter share veggie CSA:

















Starting from the bottom right: a turnip, 2 tomatoes, collard greens, lettuce, lots of green beans, a little butternut squash, and radishes.

And check out our haul from the farmer's market!

















From the bottom right: Goatsbeard Farm feta, lots of little yellow onions, 2 packages of DanJo Bakeries foccacia, and 4 acorn squash.

Though I haven't been documenting it, I have obtained a few other winter squash for storage in the past couple of weeks and also gotten more chiles to freeze. I need a few more sweet chiles and I was hoping to find some serranos to freeze, but I'm not sure that is going to happen. At least we have tons of jalapenos though!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great weekend and keep your eyes posted for an onslaught of posts this week.

'Til next time.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm ready. Bring on the posts!

P.S. Speaking of Serranos I just picked every last one on the 2 plants I have. There were a lot of them!! I had at least 15 red (or almost red) ones too!

Anonymous said...

I have missed you! But I am glad to hear your writing has been going so well...that is great! Good luck with the next 94 pages :-)

Yay for posts! Those acorn squash look lovely--I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Courtney

Karen said...

I have missed you terribly. Was getting worried bout you. I'm so excited for you that you writing is going so well. Can't wait to have a famous published granddaughter. You go girl! Love You

Anonymous said...

I've been MIA from my blog too - it happens I guess. Hooray for the writing success! That is a *real* accomplishment. Can't wait to see what you have been cooking, your ideas are delicious. And what a cute butternut squash!