Veg*n Cooking and Other Random Musings: Super Yummy Green Smoothie

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Super Yummy Green Smoothie

I have been making more of an effort lately to make sure that Brett and I are getting adequate vitamins and minerals and have really become fond of juicing and making smoothies. Not only are they tasty and make a great breakfast, they are easy and so very healthy.

Below is one of my very first experiments and it is really good. I will make up a batch of this in the mornings and Brett and I will split it for breakfast. Super yummy and really easy, can't get much better than that.


















Super Yummy Green Smoothie
2 apples (you want to use a tart variety, I used organic Granny Smith), cored
2 bananas
a couple handfuls of spinach
juice of half a lime
1 heaping tsp. spirulina powder
5-6 ice cubes

Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

Enjoy!

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

'Til next time.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Aren't green smoothies the best?! Have a happy and safe new year!

Courtney

Kristen's Raw said...

Sounds delicious! I love green smoothies! :)

Happy New Year!
Kristen

Lorelei said...

I'll have to get brave some day and try a bright green smoothie... :)

Erin said...

I never think to use lime juice in smoothies, but it sounds delicious!