Veg*n Cooking and Other Random Musings: The Lighter Side of Life

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Lighter Side of Life

After some joking and interesting discussion this morning, Cookiemouse and I decided to start a new blog together called Jennifer and the Cookiemouse. The idea behind this blog is that it should be an outlet for expression, funny ranting, humorous quotes, videos, music - basically, the light hearted funny stuff in life. Some of us touch on such heavy subject material on our blogs, but it is still nice (and healthy) to laugh, show your sense of humor, and really, just connect in a different way.

I pitched the idea to Cookiemouse of making this an open blog, where others can come share any material they find or come up with themselves. The only rules for this blog is that the material should be light hearted or funny - we don't have a problem with "politically incorrect" humor, but will not allow hate speech, and if you want to talk about heavy stuff, well this isn't the place for that. Got a funny or cute errant picture, a good quote, a good joke, an interesting video you saw on YouTube, something you read? Share it! If you are interested in contributing content to Jennifer and the Cookiemouse, please email me at kungpaojen@hotmail.com.

'Til next time.

10 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

It looks like it'll be a fun blog, for sure! :0)

Unknown said...

Yo sister, and tell 'em it's spam with everything tomorrow.

Unknown said...

looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Fun idea!

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

I am so excited! cookiemouse asked me to write a guest blog for cookiemouse and i am such a slacker! i cant wait to read your rants :)

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

That sounds like fun. You are one busy woman!

Lizzy said...

Woohoo! Seriously, I imagine you two will create an incredibly awesome new blog. Interesting, thoughtful, informative yet humorous to the max

J said...

First off, thank you all for the comments. If any of you have content you would like to contribute, please just leave a comment here or email me. You don't have to post with any regularity, as I will not be either, I have this blog, and so much stuff beyond it, we just thought it would be a fun place to go spend a few minutes and get a good laugh.

Veggie Girl - I hope so, I've enjoyed the content put up so far.

Cookiemouse - So long as I can still get my spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, and spam, I will be happy. :-)

Selina - I'm so happy you are going to contribute!

Shellyfish - Thanks.

Lindsay (HH) - I get lazy too, don't feel bad. Rants will be here, Carlin quotes, observations of stupid people, random YouTube videos, that is the kind of stuff that will be over there.

Lisa - It should be. Ah, naw, I'm not super busy, as I noted above, I will not be adding content on a super regular basis, we already have 4 contributors, so if one of us posts once a week, it'll be fine. I make a point not to stretch myself too thin, I have a life outside of my computer and other things I would like to do. I know blogging can get very time consuming, so I make a point to only spend as much time as I feel is necessary. It's all about balance.

Lizzy - Haha! So long as you have an open mind, and a sense of humor, you will fit in over there just fine.

Vegan_Noodle said...

What a great idea! I'm going to check it out now :-)

J said...

Vegan_Noodle - Please do, and if you have anything you want to contribute, let Cookiemouse, Brett, Selina (from Vegans ROCK!!), or myself know and we'll get you added.